Monday, 10 March 2008

Inspiring Crochet

So after a lethargic week with headaches preventing much progress, I headed off to a Rowan crochet workshop at Purl and Co in Ipswich with 2 companions. There were 10 of us all together, most of whom had tried crochet, but were looking for additional confidence. Our tutor, Jane Crowfoot, was very patient, starting us off in the morning with a sampler of the different stitches and their effects on the fabric created. In the afternoon we were let loose on the cotton glace and kid silk haze to create our own item to meet our own objectives. A number of the group choose to attempt to recreate one of the amazing samples that Jane had brought with her. By the end of the afternoon, everyone had a good size creation to take away with them. Star of the day was my daughter, who despite being considerably younger than the other participants managed to create a spiral with a ruffled edge, and then a beaded flower with petals. The items pictured are my items, with the leaf in progress until I can acquire the right size hook. My only advice to anyone else signing up for workshops at this venue, is to notify any dietary requirements early - unfortunately I didn't, so my coeliac companion brought her own lunch. But all in all a very enjoyable day.

No comments: