Friday, 4 January 2008

Party time


So yesterday was my son's birthday, and continuing the crafty theme we took a party of 6 and 7 year olds pottery painting. The studio we visited had improved on our previous party experience at the same venue some time before. This time there were prepainted outlines for the kids to "paint in". Luckily they had prepared extra dinosaurs for our visit. It just about retained the interest of the group for an hour - although some kids needed persuading to do the extra coats to guarantee the deeper colours when they reappear from the kiln.

The birthday celebrations meant I didn't finish my Cherie Amour until today. This is what it looks like:

Eager to start the next project I retrieved some Bergere de France wool from my stash (my share of our knitting group's magazine prize) only to find that the nature of the wool means I can't see the crochet stitches - so re-think this evening. It's a wool that will have to be knitted!

No comments: